One-page resume: Resume_public.pdf
- Ph.D. in Machine Learning (Deep Learning), IMT Atlantique, 2020
- M.S. (summa cum laude) in Signal and Image Processing, University of Rennes 1, 2017
- Diplôme d’Ingénieur in Machine Learning, IMT Atlantique, 2017
Work experience & professional activities
- 02/2020-03/2020: Applied AI Scientist, CLS (Collecte Localisation Satellites)
- Worked with AIS experts at CLS to evaluate my research prototype—GeoTrackNet: on real-life data: tested the limits of the model, explained the results.
- Discussed with engineers at CLS to integrate GeoTrackNet into CLS’s Big data system MAS (Maritime Awareness System): how to run the model in a distributed system and in real-time.
- 09/2019-11/2019: Visiting graduate student, Dalhousie Institute for Big Data Analytics
- Created a deep learning model to detect sablefish from maritime passive acoustic data.
- The detector is under consideration for being used in real-life by Canadian marine biologists.
- 05/2019-06/2019: Visiting graduate student, University of Washington, College of Engineering
- Established the collaboration between the University of Washington College of Engineering and IMT Atlantique.
- 09/2018-11/2018: Visiting graduate student, Dalhousie Institute for Big Data Analytics
- Created a deep learning model to detect abnormal events in acoustic surveillance using Recurrent neural networks with stochastic layers.
- 03/2017-09/2017: Engineering intern, CLS (Collecte Localisation Satellites)
- Made statistic reports of the fusion of SAR and AIS data for maritime traffic surveillance.
- Improved the software that combines SAR and AIS data for maritime traffic surveillance.
- Finished the task 1.5 months ahead of schedule with excellent results.
- 07/2016-03/2017: Research intern, INSERM (Institut national de la santé et de la recherche médicale)
- Evaluated the resolution and the precision of 3D ultrasound.
- 06/2015-08/2015: Research intern, Thammasat University, SIIT
- Impoved the glistening detection software using Tabu search - kNN and Neural Network.
- Python (6 years of experience)
- Pytorch, Tensorflow
- SQL, noSQL
- Variational inference, LSTM, NLP
- English: advanced
- French: advanced
- Vietnamese: mother tongue